Tuesday 11 September 2007

It feels like spring

Today has been the most beautiful day... even though I was feeling really grumpy this morning! News on the house sale... we had the real estate 'caravan' through today and got some really great feedback. The open home wasn't very busy but there's a big add going in the paper later on this week so hopefully next Sunday will be a little more productive. So far the main comment has been on what a wonderful room my craft room is... and it IS wonderful! It was the reason I bought the house in the first place and with windows on 3 sides it's the sunniest room (and the biggest) in the whole house... and I am going to MISS IT! Trust me... I honestly do realise how lucky I am to have this amazing room for my scrapping! Here's a couple of photos so you can see what I'm talking about:

I did manage to get some scrapping done in amongst everything else and I've done the first challenge for Neen's The Music in Me blog. She chose the song 'Ice Ice Baby' by Vanilla Ice and I was completely stumped until I remembered about these gorgeous photos of my little niece having her first taste of ice cream. She was barely 4 months old and her Dad gave her a little taste of his ice cream... but a little taste turned into his whole ice cream! Here's my LO:

Following on from making girls birthday cards I decided to make a birthday card for one of my grandmothers... she's totally into cats and bright colours so hopefully she'll like this one! Even if she doesn't I KNOW she'll keep it because this woman throws NOTHING away! She's got rubber bands by the truckload... a container of those plastic bread ties... stamps from everything... she even keeps serviettes from McD's!
I've been working on the Deck of Me challenge too! I've decided to keep them all together on a seperate blog so click here to take a look at my little creations!
And finally... I've been making 'happy mail' packs for some of my scrapping friends and I've got two saved for people who leave comments on this post :) So leave a comment here by Friday night if you'd like to go into the draw!

5 comments:

  1. That is a kick-butt scrapping room!! No wonder you are sad to leave it behind! You'll have to look for another great potential craft room in your new house :-)

    Love the layout for Neen's challenge, and the card. Great job on both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have visited your blog several times, first time I have left a message.

    Just wanted to say - I love your scrapbook pages. I have done one or two and am looking forward to doing more.

    Are you staying in Rotorua?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been tagged!! Check out my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. boy you have a tidy scrap room and I can see why you would love being in there. Good luck with the house sale. Great feedback too. LOve your take on Neens challenge and the layout was fab!! Gorgeous card too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is one cool scraproom and sooo tidy too! Best of luck with the sale!
    Great LO an card.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx