Monday 21 April 2008

It's all about Krystal :)

Thank you all so much for your comments on the previous post! I've been really blown away :)
Meanwhile... Krystal has been very creative making canvases for her lovely new bedroom. She saw some 4 x 12 canvases that she really liked... came up with a design... found a quote (on the walls of the gym)... raided my supplies LOL and here's what she's created:

And when she puts them on the wall she's going to stagger them like this:I'm quite impressed actually! She certainly knows what she likes!

Over the weekend Scrapbook Essentials had a weekend challenge to create a layout using: 2 patterned papers, a 5x7 photo and a bird. I've had a photo of Miss Krystal that I've been wanting to use on a layout so here's what I came up with:

I asked Krystal to proof read my journaling for me and by the end she was bawling her eyes out... oops not quite the reaction I had expected! But it was very heartfelt (the journaling and the tears) so here's a close up:The papers are from Cosmo Cricket and Basic Grey and the wee bird is on an Autumn Leaves stamp.

Right I'm off to do some more creating... love it when the mojo flows :)

10 comments:

  1. she is certainly talented Shell. Beautiful canvases. Loved your layout for this challenge, the photos, paper and journalling was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome canvases ... your girl certainly has talent!

    Beautiful journalling on your layout, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous canvases Krystal! And beautiful LO mum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those canvases are amazing - I love how she plans to stagger them - Krystal your talent is a wonderful thing you are so lucky to have a fab mum who helps and encourages this! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Krystal you are a very creative young lady ... wow, I'm most impressed with your canvasses.

    Shell, love your journalling and your layout ... I had tears when I read it ... and I've read through it more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your layout - that would be my favourite stamp with the little birdie. Your journalling was neat - so special to have those thoughts written down. Love the canvases - just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Krystal..your canvases are totally moxie (read: way cool) I love the papers you have chosen and the little quotes are lovely:)

    Shell, beautiful heartfelt journalling. TFS:)

    xNie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Krystal fab canvases cant wait to see your ACT CARDS. Well done and good luck with the job watch all your wages dont go back in their till.It would be like working in a lolly shop for me.Looking forward to seeing you next month Shell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab canvases - she is a talented girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that cute pic of you as a little girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx