Monday 5 July 2010

I got a ‘baby’ for my birthday!

When my sister (Katey) announced that she was expecting her third baby in July I was quite excited… and since she’d gone into labour early with both of her previous girls I thought that it was feasible that this one might go early too so I told her that I wanted a baby for my birthday!

All through her pregnancy I’ve been teasing her about having the baby on my birthday… and she kept saying that it was never going to happen.

Anyway… last Sunday I had my 40th birthday (which was fantastic!) and Katey rang me in the morning.  When I asked her how she was she said that there were NO niggles of any kind and I wasn’t getting a baby for my birthday… and then I got a call from her in the evening!

She wanted to know ‘how’ I’d done it because at 5.22pm she had her baby!!!  I now have a lovely new niece called Samantha :)Katey

After I finished work on Monday the girls and I went over to the hospital to visit and I couldn’t resist getting this photo:Shells birthday present Krystal certainly found something funny to share with Samantha:Krystal And Mikayla was amazed by how ‘soft’ she wasMikaylaIt was a great visit… and then this weekend I actually found some time to make Samantha’s birth card.closedI used a new stamp set from CC Designs which I coloured using Distress Inks.  The design is one I saw on the internet and adjusted for what I wanted.openAs you can see, it’s a little gatefold card.  It’s really cute in size… the closed card measures 4 x 4 inches… and on the inside is another little monkey :)Inside I’m really happy with how it turned out… and the kindy glitz on the flowers adds just a little bit of sparkle.

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to have cuddles with Miss Samantha and her big sister very soon!!Shell Welcome to the family Samantha!  Love Auntie Shell xx

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Auntie Shell! Bless wee Samantha and best wishes, hugs and long-distance love to Kate, Simon, Kody and Jessica. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx