Saturday 3 July 2010

Sunday Sketch & Stamp Challenge #31

I’m really enjoying some of the challenges on different blogs lately and as soon as I saw the sketch for the Sunday Sketch & Stamp Challenge #31 I knew exactly which image I wanted to use!

Here’s the sketch:sketch31 And here’s the card I made featuring Pirate Edwin… he’s just so utterly adorable!Pirate Edwin I coloured Captain Edwin using Tim Holtz Distress Inks… I love that you can layer colours to create real depth on your image!

The stripe paper is from Imaginisce which I layered with black cardstock… and for the first time EVER I actually got out my sewing machine and stitched the paper together!  I can’t believe that it’s taken me so long to do that because I absolutely love the effect!Pirate Edwin2 I also added some pirate ribbon that I got from Spotlight along with the glitzy cardstock… it’s super sparkly!!  Then I finished it all off with some alpha stickers and black pearls from my stash along with some Tim Holtz embellishments.

As you can see from the photo above I did a little decorating on the inside too.Pirate Edwin insideI think it’s nice to have a little something special inside :)

So I’ve had a wonderfully creative start to my weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous creation me hearty - thanks for playing along with SS&S this time. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx