Sunday 18 December 2011

December 17 plus extras!

Hi everyone :)

I’ve been having a great time in my craft room so I’ve got a couple of projects as well as my December Daily!

17

Today feels more like winter than summer!  It’s been cold and it’s been raining all day!

The perfect thing to do today was be inside with some Christmas scrapping!

I decided to make the Christmas banner I’ve been planning… and I’m so pleased I did!  There was HEAPS of cutting… lots of adhering… and a TONNE of bling!

Once I had all the pieces made I had heaps of fun decorating… stickles, flowers, ribbons and bells!

I’m totally thrilled with how it turned out!  The mantle looks so pretty now and it’s feeling more like Christmas!

I really did have a great time making my Christmas banner so I thought I’d share a bit more of it with you :)

I purchased a FANTASTIC digital graphics package from Moonlight Journey.  Lynne sells the most amazing graphics… the hardest part is choosing which ones you want!  I took them down to my local photo place and printed them out and then the fun began!

IMG_4440

I adhered all the trimmed images to white cardstock (leaving a border all around)… then onto chipboard… and finally onto dark green cardstock for the backing.

I got the idea for the bling around the edges from this post on Linda Duke’s blog… she has some amazing projects on her blog!

Then I added large eyelets and some flowers.  When it came to putting it all together I made bows using tartan ribbon… added some thin satin ribbon with the bells and some gorgeous red berry stems to embellish.

IMG_4457_2

I love how much it sparkles… especially with the candles all lit up!  Here’s a couple of close up photos:

IMG_4452

IMG_4461

Thanks so much Lynne and Linda… love both of your work and the inspiration to create my project!

My final project for the day is the cover page for my December Daily.  It’s taken quite a while to come together but I’m thrilled with how it turned out.

On the inside cover I’ve put a December calendar which I’m using to jot down the theme for the day… hopefully it will help me find what I’m looking for:

IMG_4488

The final inspiration for the actual front cover came to me while I was working on the Christmas banner… I love it when that happens!

IMG_4481

I’ve used one of the Santa images from the digital graphic set along with some of the tartan ribbon and bling from making the banner.  The title and reindeer are all cut using Tim Holtz dies.   Since this is a ‘journal’ … I added a pen nib that Esther gave me… thanks HEAPS Esther!

I took a couple of close up shots to show the various elements of the cover:

IMG_4484IMG_4485IMG_4486IMG_4487

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today… I’d love to hear what you think of my projects!

Happy scrapping xxx

5 comments:

  1. I love your cover page; it is beautiful. I also love your idea of putting a calendar with the themes for each day of the DD. I will have to do that because I hate how the interior page of my album looks right now: white and bare. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shell! Your cover is simply gorgeous! Well done you. Thanks for the added bonus of the link to my blog, the pen nib looks great on a journal of this sort. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfull cover page. Lots of work in it !!!
    Kisses from France

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shell these are all so wonderful! Lynne forwarded your email as she is very sick and has been for 11 days! We both are so thrilled you shared your finished projects they are inspiring. We have posted them on the Moonlight Journey facebook page for all to see! I also blogged on my personal blog for you so maybe we can send some followers your way. Have a magically creative week!
    XXX
    Becky (MoonlightJourney.com)
    whymsicalmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow - absolutely fab-u-lous - loving your banner ...

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx