Wednesday 7 December 2011

December 6th

6

Last night when Krystal arrived home from Auckland she said she had a gift for me.  Not a Christmas gift… more of a thank you gift.  She had me intrigued but it NEVER occurred to me that it would be a complete set of Nigella DVD’s!

I LOVE to cook… I just don’t like the “every day” cooking.  Dinner parties, treats, gifts etc are all fine… it’s the HAVING to put “a meal on the table” type of cooking that I don’t like.

Nigella is one cook that I admire!  Her food is amazing… she makes no apologies for her likes and dislikes… she’s just herself.

I love snuggling up on the sofa in winter… especially on a rainy day… and watching Nigella cook while eating yummy snack food.  With 7 DVD’s I’m set for a LONG time.

Thank you Krystal xxx

Now just in case you are wondering… I don’t just WATCH the videos… I actually DO use some of Nigella’s recipes.  Earlier this year I found a fantastic tagine on sale and I made one for dinner that night… spiced lamb with couscous… and thanks to Nigella’s tips it was pretty darn good!

Actually it was from watching one of Nigella’s DVD’s (I’d hired it) that I developed a love for making cupcakes.  I’m sure that I’ll get lots of pleasure out of this very thoughtful gift!

Happy scrapping xxx

2 comments:

  1. Who is a lucky Mum then? What an awesome gift!! No worries for you when there is nothing worth watching on TV. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your album Shell I can't believe Mr T is so grown up..
    Grant say's hi and to have a great christmas....
    Take care my sweet

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx