Thursday 8 December 2011

December 7th

7

Tonight was Tony’s special farewell with our school community.  There had been loads of preparation for this event and everything ran really smoothly.

There were lots of “old” faces at the gathering and I was really happy to see Renee had travelled down for the event!  It was so good to see her again!  We laughed and talked just like old times!

Tony’s speech was fantastic and so funny that I had tears running down my face.

He’s going to be hard to replace!  We’ve all known he was leaving next week but tonight it actually felt real.

Tony has been at our school for 24 years and for the past 21 years he’s been the Principal.  It was Tony who gave me a chance to be a full-time teacher again after a serious illness 11 years ago.  I wasn’t sure if I could handle full-time work but Tony took a chance on me and it paid off.

Selwyn won’t be the same without his leadership but I’m sure there will still be many exciting things ahead for both him and us.

I was really pleased with Tony’s reaction to his ‘This is Your Life’ album… it certainly made all the hard work worthwhile!

Happy scrapping xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx