Sunday 15 January 2012

Project Life: Week 2

Here’s the third (and final) post for the day :)

I’m absolutely loving all the digital things I’m learning to do… and my Project Life album is the perfect place to practice my skills!

Here’s my Week 2 spread:Full-page

This week Toby and I have been out and about quite a bit… and Mikayla has been spending lots of time with us too which has been super cool!

Here’s a closer look at the left side:Left_1

I was inspired by Vicki to do some writing in the sand… not so easy with an enthusiastic puppy by your side! Mikayla and I also went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie on Tuesday night. Mikayla really loved it… and although I really liked the ending (super cool!!!) I found it a bit too much like Sherlock Holmes meets Rambo meets the Matrix for me.

Here’s a close up of the right side:Right-1 Mikayla, Toby and I all walked around the Blue Lake the other day… followed by having a picnic at Holden’s Bay… it was a perfect day :)

I’ve also done two layouts this week… love it when the mojo flows.

Oh yes… I got a speeding ticket in the mail last week OOPS! :( I wasn’t going to tell Mum but then I thought I’d better get in before she saw it on the blog! I know several other people around Rotorua that all got snapped so it looks like the speed cameras are all working well here LOL

I HAD to include this wee sign too:1_1

Toby and I went down to pick up Mikayla from work yesterday and this sign was on the campervan parked right next to us… absolutely laughed over it and was so pleased I had my ‘little’ camera in my bag with me!

Here’s my creative entry for this weeks spread:Creativity-1

I used some more of the Tim Holtz tissue wrap… really liking it on the kraft cardstock! The Sherlock Holmes picture was one I found online so I printed it out and cut a shadow layer with my cricut… I found out how to do that with a photo file!

I kept looking at the card and knew it ‘needed’ something but couldn’t think what… and then I realised it was smoke coming from his pipe. Mr Toby has a BIG stuffed toy lion that he ‘loves’ (at least he ‘loved’ it BEFORE his wee operation… IYKWIM). Lion is currently almost un-stuffed and the evidence is all over the lounge floor so I used a little bit for my card. It’s kind of nice to think that at least a small part of him will live on LOL

So that’s been my week… lots happening but it feels great to have something tangible to remember it all by.

I hope you all enjoy what’s left of the weekend and have a good start to the week xxx

1 comment:

  1. LOL thats why you throw a stick in the opposite direction and write real fast in the sand. We got a speeding ticket too but luckily its for Becs and not us. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx