Wednesday 29 February 2012

Log Your Memory: Week 9

Here’s the final prompt for February… and the last of the ‘Personal Style’ challenges which I’m quite happy about.

This weeks prompt at Log Your Memory is self-portraits, professional portraits, avatars and that sort of thing.

I’ve only been a part of a professional sitting once and we had a photo taken of Granny, Mum and me and my sisters.  I was about 18 when it was taken and it certainly isn’t my favourite photo in the world.

I decided to do my layout about two different times in my life… one where I felt fit, strong and resilient… plus I had some photos taken by one of my girlfriends that I wanted to scrap for myself. 

Here’s the layout:Week 9

It’s a very ‘different’ side to me… and one that I don’t show very often.  My girlfriend had access to one of the first digital cameras… the kind that used a floppy disk!  My girls had gone to Australia for a week with their Auntie and Uncle so we decided to spend an afternoon playing with the camera.

The photos are quiet pixelated… digital photography has come a LONG way since then.  I’m still quite proud of the fact that I actually used to look like that… it’s amazing what going to the gym every day for 6 months can do!

This is my personal favourite:MVC-016S

These days I prefer to be behind the camera catching the moments and memories.  If I take a self-portrait it’s usually with my face hidden… it’s just where I’m at with it I guess.

I’ve been losing a bit of weight taking Toby for walks but since creating this layout on the weekend I’m thinking that maybe it’s time to make ‘getting fit’ a priority.

I hope your week is going well and I’ll be back sometime tomorrow with a Scrapbook Dreams update :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great layout Shell - Brave too, really. I love these photos of you (both 30's and 40's)and I am so glad you have chosen to share them in this way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx