Sunday 1 April 2012

Project Life & Scrapbook Dreams

Hi everyone :)  I’ve got a ‘double post’ today so you might want a cup of coffee while you look through this post LOL

First up I’ve got my Week 13 pages for Project Life.  Even compared to my regular weeks this has been super busy!!!  Lots of things happening but it sure did make the week go FAST!!  Full_1

On Monday afternoon I found out that I was on the Tutor Teachers course on Tuesday.  It meant an early start to the day as I had to travel over to Tauranga for it but it was well worth it!  It’s definitely the start of a brand new journey on my career path.

On Tuesday night I was the Guest Speaker for the local Quota club… and what a lovely bunch of women they were.  We mixed and mingled before dinner and then had a scrumptious meal.  After that I did my ‘speaker’ part before showing the ladies how to make a paper pieced Easter Bunny card.  Then it was their turn and I can confirm that all 19 women made gorgeous cards to take home!

Here’s a closer look at the beginning of my week:Left_1

On Wednesday, my class was responsible for hosting the school assembly.  My kids did a FANTASTIC job including making a photo Powerpoint Presentation about our recent senior school camp.  I was super proud of their behaviour and speaking… especially in front of almost 500 students/teachers and parents!

After school Wendy and I went to Sweetart for a cupcake… and all I’m going to say is… YUM!!!

Here’s a look at the right side of this week:Right_1

This week I’ve taught at Quota club (Tuesday) as well as night classes on Wednesday and Thursday.  It’s been busy, creative and mostly fun!  I also managed to get some photos of my kids cleaning up the classroom on Friday afternoon… we actually really enjoy our Friday afternoon routine which includes a class game of Bingo!

On Saturday, Toby and I took ‘our’ car down to get a W.O.F.  Toby was fine watching the car sitting in line while we sat under the shady trees…. but he wasn’t very impressed when the W.O.F. man got into it and drove it away!!!  It was such a beautiful day that I decided to get Toby an ice block and boy did he like it!!!  Check out this photo:

IMG_6878_1

On Saturday night I went around to Carey’s for dinner and a movie.  We watched ‘One Day’ and actually both enjoyed it although there were some ‘tear jerker’ moments towards the end!

Of course I wanted to include the fact the Daylight Savings is over… somehow it seems like summer passed us by this year :( 

But I did use my ‘extra hour’ very wisely visiting with my friend Loreen and looking at lovely things in a scrapping store :)  Thanks for the GREAT catch up!!

Here’s my little piece of creativity for this week:Creativity_1

It’s very simple this week but I really like it.  I’ve used a snippet of Graphic 45 paper for the background and cut and inked some butterflies from another Graphic 45 paper before popping them up with pop dots.

So there you have it… 13 weeks completed… it’s a GREAT feeling!

Now for the second part of the post.  It’s the 1st of April today which means it’s time for a new Scrapbook Dreams challenge.

This month instead of a theme we’re going to have a challenge... and the challenge is to use FABRIC somewhere on your layout. The fabric should be at least 6 x 6 in size but it can be any sort of fabric you like. There are so many options with how you do this challenge... it’s completely up to you!

I had some gorgeous photos of Mikayla and Toby playing with dandelions that I've been wanting to scrap so I put them into a film strip (using Photoshop) and printed them out. I've teamed them with some Echo Park paper, Prima flowers and a Jenni Bowlin bingo card to come up with this:Dandelion-Fun_1

Our Guest Designer this month is Vicki and she's worked her creative magic with some Websters pages netting under her photo and used stitching as well. It's a beautiful soft look:P3290002

Now it's all up to you... go and raid those fabric stashes and see what you come up with!

We also have a winner for the March challenge!  This month there was a layout uploaded that, to me, had the perfect mix of great colours, fantastic embellishments and good use of techniques with just a hint of humour... have you guessed who's layout it is yet??IMG_1435

Congratulations to... (insert drum roll sound here)... Brenda!!  You’ll get to see more of Brenda’s creativity next month when she is our Guest Designer :)

If you’re still reading this post… THANKS for hanging in there!  I hope you all have a wonderful week xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow that sure was a busy week. Can see why you get peopled out!!! ROFL. Congratulations to Brenda as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx