Sunday 27 May 2012

Log your Memory: Week 20 and Week 21

Hi everyone :)

Hmm what happened to Friday??  I have no excuse… I’ve just been getting other things done first LOL

Week 20

The prompt for Week 20 at Log your Memory is all about software and apps.  I have to admit that I was completely stumped by this one for a while.  Since my phone is still in the ‘dark ages’ I couldn’t think what I would do until I realised that I use quite a few different things on my computer… so here’s my page for the prompt:

Week 20

At school I constantly use Microsoft Word to create documents as well as the very cool software from ActiveInspire which is for my smartboard.  I really, really like this software as it makes my lessons a LOT more interactive for the kids and I can also save and print everything I want to from it… which is better than trying to keep it all on the whiteboard.

I’m also finding myself using PDF programmes more and more both for creating and reading documents.  Of course the great part about it is that in general they make all documents much easier to send via email!

Right now I’m using Live Writer to update my blog and it’s seriously GOOD!  Unlike Blogger it actually puts my photos exactly where I want them.  It doesn’t try to have a mind of it’s own… and it’s so super simple to use that it makes blogging so much easier.

This year I’ve been using Photoshop 7.0 and learning how to do a lot of different things.  I know there are more modern versions out there but this one is perfect for me. 

And finally there is the internet.  For a long time I was loyal to Internet Explorer but after changing over to Mozilla Firefox a few months ago I’m a real convert… it’s so much quicker and easier to use… and it has some neat toolbars that really work for me.

Week 21

This week’s prompt was all about mail… the kind that gets delivered to your mail box.

It’s true that some weeks I can get absolutely no mail except for the kind that gets thrown straight in the bin/recycling.  Thankfully this week has been a little bit more interesting!

Week 21

Right now I’m hosting the ATC swap for Scrapbook Dreams so I’ve had some wonderful artwork coming through my mail box… of course I can’t show you what’s inside those envelopes just yet!

I’ve also had a ‘personal’ invitation to use the new Westpac branch in Rotorua that will be open 7 days a week along with a pre-approved loan from a finance company… (don’t panic Dad I won’t be taking them up on their generous offer!) 

I’ve also received the registration details for my new car along with a voucher to go to Lonestar next month… and so long as I take four or more friends I can eat for free!  I might have to think about that one because last year I didn’t use my voucher.  Maybe I should organise a ‘team dinner’ with some people from work!

So that’s me all caught up… and I’ll be back later on today with this weeks update of Project Life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx