Thursday 31 May 2012

Log your Memory: Week 22

Hi everyone :)

I’m almost back on track with Log your Memory this week.  The prompt for Week 22 is all about your handwriting and fonts.

I know lots of people don’t like their own handwriting… it’s a common thing when I run scrapbooking classes to hear people say that they NEVER do their journaling by hand. 

When I was at school I really disliked it when teachers expected me to use sloped or linked writing… I just don’t like doing it!  I ALWAYS print… and most of the time it’s straight up and down LOL  Having said that, I have absolutely no problem with my own handwriting which is good because at school a LOT of what I do involves me writing by hand… writing on the whiteboard, filling in my teacher planner and commenting in kids books. 

For wall displays I pretty much always use fonts and create the text for displays on the computer.  I’m always on the lookout for ‘just the right font’ for displays, kids activity sheets and scrapbooking layouts.

Here’s my layout for this weeks prompt:Week 22

For me the decision over whether to handwrite or computer generate journaling for a layout often depends on how much I have to say on the layout and the overall feel.  There’s no question that handwritten journaling creates a more personal touch… but sometimes I just have too much to say!  I know my family is going to laugh over that last bit!!

Luckily for me I think I’ve got the best of both worlds… handwriting (or in my case, printing) I like and a world of fonts at my fingertips.

If you’re looking for some cool FREE fonts then I highly recommend Kevin and Amanda’s website which literally has hundreds of fonts available for you to download and use!

Hope you’re all having a happy week and I’ll catch up with you again soon xx

2 comments:

  1. Have only recently discovered that website with the free fonts (thanks to Pinterest LOL). I guess I'm a 50/50 girl too for all the same reasons as yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Shell. I have always liked your handwriting too. Not so keen on my own but when I think about it, I seldom write anything by hand on a normal day anyway.
    Thanks for the link to the font site! I can see me spending quite a bit of time there. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx