Wednesday 10 October 2012

Log your Memory: Week 41

Hi everyone :)
This weeks prompt for Log your Memory is all about being a bargain hunter.  I’ll admit, that being a creature of habit, that if something I USUALLY buy is on special then I’ll sometimes grab an extra can… but in general I just tend to buy the same things each week.

When the girls were little and I was a ‘poor student’ I must admit that I would usually buy the cheapest of everything just to make ends meet.

I remember one time, Oak spaghetti was on special so I bought a few cans knowing that it would make a quick dinner on nights when I’d been at Teachers College and just needed to get dinner into the girls as quickly as possible.  The only problem was that it had lots of ‘watery’ sauce and hardly any spaghetti and the girls wouldn’t eat it… so much for a bargain!

Here’s my layout for this weeks prompt:Week 41
There are some things that I just won’t skimp on like:
  • flour
  • pasta sauce
  • laundry detergent
  • shampoo and conditioner
  • chocolate – hey a girl’s got to have standards! LOL
And there are some things that I’ll often buy the budget variety of like:
  • fabric softener
  • sugar
  • dishwashing liquid
  • chips – I actually prefer Pams potato chips
  • and of course toilet paper
When the girls were little we always seemed to go through a lot of toilet paper and as they grew older it just got worse… how many families go through a 12 pack a week for three people???  When Krystal moved out I thought the toilet paper ‘consumption’ would decrease but nope we were still going through a 12 pack every week… crazy!

When it was just me and Toby living at home the toilet paper went down to two rolls a week and I was just starting to think about buying some of that really nice stuff… you know the one that’s ‘quilted’ and smells really nice:IMG_2402_1
Then Mikayla moved back home and we were straight back to 12 rolls a week!  I guess I’ll just have to be patient and wait a little longer.

I hope you’re all having a good week and enjoying some of this lovely spring weather xx

1 comment:

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx