Sunday 18 November 2012

Project Life: Week 46 and a major event!

Hi everyone :)

Welcome to another busy week in our house.  There have been a couple of ultra-busy days here but thankfully things have quietened down now and I’m working on my reports for school.

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

I’ve been doing a bit of cooking this week and I’ve finally perfected making mini quiches.  The others have all tasted good but I either overfilled them or had gaps in my pastry but this week I got them exactly right so I’m a happy camper.

I also decided to try and do some healthier dinners this week and the smoked chicken salad I made the other night was so bright and colourful (as well as delicious) that I had to take a photo LOL

Here’s a close up of the start of the week:Left_1

On Tuesday night Mikayla took part in the Waiariki Fashion Show.  The first year students had to purchase items from the local Hospice shop and then turn them into a new garment.  She started off with a duvet cover, a blue suit and some belts.  Her friend (also called Mikayla but spelt Micaela) modelled the outfit on the runway for her and it looked pretty awesome.

At school we’ve been doing more work on our elephant theme and I’ve been busy testing all the kids.  It’s all done now except for one reading test but Sonny was away on Friday so I’ll have to do that one tomorrow morning before school.

Wednesday was a good day for me so on the way home I bought myself a Big Wednesday ticket.  I don’t buy them regularly but I got lucky this week and won $20!

Here’s a close up of the later part of the week:Right_1

My class have started designing and making their own elephant enclosures.  I bought a small model elephant so they knew they had to be careful with their proportions and so far they’ve done a great job… one group has even made a half-round barn!  Tomorrow they’ll start painting them and then they’ll be judged.

With all the art going on around here Toby decided that he wasn’t going to miss out.  He found himself some art materials (junk mail) and started to carefully select (grab it all) the bits he wanted.  Then he cut out (ripped to shreds) the selected pieces to make a collage (a bloody great mess!)  He even asked me (via Mikayla) if he could please have a glue stick!   Ummmm I don’t think so!!!

He’s VERY proud of his achievements!  He most definitely will not let me anywhere near it with a broom or a rubbish bag!IMG_3454_1

This weekend has been all about getting my reports done.  I’ve finished the reading and maths marking, analysing and comments and now I’m working on their writing ones.  It’s been good that the weather has been so horrible because I haven’t minded being stuck on the computer so much.

This morning I was looking out the back door and there was a gorgeous rainbow and then I noticed a second (much fainter) rainbow to the right of it. 

Here’s my creative piece for the week:Creativity_1

I hunted through my papers and found some left over Bo Bunny paper I’d used for a layout a couple of years ago.  The school theme fitted perfectly with this weeks pages so I cut, ripped and glued everything in place… maybe Toby has been watching me too much LOL

Mikayla’s fashion show was a super important night so I decided to make an insert for it.  The really neat thing is that the programme they gave us on the night fit’s perfectly into a 6 x 12 page protector.  I was even able to leave the programme intact because the back page was just ‘thanking the advertisers’.

Here’s the front of the insert – Mum isn’t a big fan of the picture they designed but it kind of reminds me of an Edward Scissorhands style :

Insert front_1

And here’s what it looks like when you remove it from the protector… I circled Mikayla’s name LOL:Insert open copy_1

On the back of the insert I put in some of the photos that I took at the show.  Most of the photos came out a bit fuzzy but somehow they seem to look more arty:Insert back_1

So there you have it… some high fashion… Toby ‘art’ and lots of school.  It’s been a good week :)

I hope you’ve all had a great week too xx

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome week and well done Mikayla I wouldn't be showing Mr Toby the scissors anytime soon! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx