Sunday 25 November 2012

Project Life: Week 47 and another insert :)

Hi everyone :)

The weeks are certainly flying by now and there seems to be more and more to pack into them at the moment.  We’re having a wonderful day here in Rotorua and I’m a wee bit later than usual in posting because Mikayla and Toby decided that it was the perfect afternoon to go for a swim at Holden’s Bay.  Toby certainly enjoying playing with all his friends and jumping in and out of the water!

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

Last Sunday Toby got to choose a couple of treats from ‘his’ supermarket… but as with most children, he found it hard to limit his ‘wants’ vs what Mumma was actually willing to buy! LOL

Monday ended up being my busiest day of the week… it was ridiculous how many things I had to do!

Here’s a close up of the beginning of the week:Left_1

Thankfully in the middle of the craziness I was able to grab a nice lunch with Carey before we had to rush off to a meeting.

Toby and Brandy continue their love/hate relationship.  Mikayla is very good at winding Toby up and he falls for it every time!

We’ve also been busy at school with all our elephant houses… they look amazing and the kids have learnt so much about elephants!

I FINALLY got my lawns done on Wednesday afternoon… it was a real mission but they look really good now.

Here’s the second half of my week:Right_1

On Thursday Carey, Barbara and I all headed over to Te Puke Primary to have a look at their classroom programmes.  It was a brilliant day and we came away with loads of new ideas for next year.

Friday rolled around pretty quickly and then on Saturday I got together with Mum and Loreen for a catch up.  We met down at the Christmas Heirloom Company and had a happy time browsing around all the different themed trees.  I was super excited to see they had a vintage themed tree and came away with three new ornaments to add to my collection.

Back at Mum’s we had a lovely lunch with Richard.  Loreen made a yummy quiche (which just happens to be one of my favourite things!) along with some salad and buns and then Mum produced her first ever homemade pavlova.  YUM!!! 

We spent the rest of the afternoon scrapping and having a few laughs.  Thanks to you both for sharing the day with me xx

Here’s my creative piece for the week:Creativity_1

This cute wee girls is one of my Magnolia stamps.  I coloured her using Distress Inks and a water colour brush and then teamed her up with some Simple Stories paper. 

And now for the insert!  On Thursday afternoon I got a rare opportunity to spend some time with my nieces.  I hadn’t seen them for several months so it was really wonderful to spend a couple of hours playing, laughing and just being silly with them. 

Of course I had my camera with me and the girls were all in the mood to pose for me so I got busy snapping.  Some of the photos are really silly and candid but there was also some gorgeous ones that just melted my heart.

Here’s the front of the insert:Insert front_1

And here’s the reverse side:Insert back_1

I’m super happy with how the photos came out and I’m sure you’ll see them again because I’m definitely going to scrap some of them.

So that’s been my week.  I’m still writing reports and keeping busy with all the other end of year things for school.  Just three more weeks to go!

Wishing you all a great week xx

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how the quick the weeks are going at the moment either. Super busy time of the year. Great that you got to spend time with your nieces and some super photos too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx