Sunday 2 December 2012

December Daily and 100th Post!

Hi everyone :)

My plan to blog this yesterday got a bit haywire but it’s here now.  Last year was the first time I participated in Ali Edwards’ December Daily project and I really enjoyed it.  More than that, I actually look back on my album every now and then and I’m so pleased that I did it!  It was a bit of a ‘no brainer’ for me to do it again except that since I’ve learnt so many skills using Photoshop this year I’ve decided to go digital!

I’m using a Simple Stories SN@P folder to hold all my printed pages which I’ll be putting into the 6 x 8 page protectors.  I started working on my album cover last weekend while Loreen and I were at Mum’s but it wouldn’t quite come together but yesterday it just fell into place LOL

Here’s what it turned out like:December Daily cover

I’m using the Carta Bella Christmas Day range for this years album.  I’ve got the digital kit to use on my actual pages and I used some of the ‘real’ paper for my album cover.  The ‘December’ and ‘Daily’ were cut on the Silhouette and the ‘2012’ were made using a Tim Holtz die. 

The gorgeous (and big!) door knob is a Graphic 45 one that I’ve had stashed away for this project and the ‘Believe’ bulb is a Prima one. 

The ‘Hello my name is’ card was cut from a Simple Stories paper (Handmade Holiday collection) and I bought the gorgeous velvet ribbon last weekend from the Heirloom Christmas shop along with the pine needles.

The rub-ons are gorgeous and I’ve had them for several years… I just wish I knew which company made them because I’d love to get some more of them.

Next up is my introduction page.  I decided to write a little bit about why I enjoyed doing this project last year and to include some of my favourite moments.

Intro copy_1

I used some of the Carta Bella digital paper on the background and it printed out really nice so I’ll probably use that one right through my project.  The red paper with all the writing on is another one from the collection.  The little ‘scene’ at the bottom is a digital overlay and it looks really stunning printed out!

Now onto the 1st!  Here’s my left side which contains all the journaling:Left copy

I’m using Ali Edwards’ 2012 overlays for my pages… I love the consistency you get using just one or two things throughout a project.  The zig-zag strip is from another one of the Carta Bella papers.

For my right side I decided to include photos taken during the day… and of course the main focus had to be ‘Dougal – the Dog on the Log’!

Right copy

Lots of people I know are doing the ‘Elf on a Shelf’ project this year and Miss Brenda decided that I HAD to do it too… she can be VERY persuasive when she wants to be!

I DID have a look for an elf I liked but nothing really grabbed me but then two weekends ago Toby and I were at ‘his’ supermarket and we saw Dougal.  I’ve had him stashed away but yesterday Toby and I went down to the wood pile and got some photos.  Toby is very keen to get his paws (and his mouth!) on him so I’ll be keeping a close eye on Dougal to try and keep him safe!

So there you have it… I’ve officially started my December Daily for 2012!

Before I go, this happens to be my 100th post for 2012!  I can’t believe that I’ve kept up with my blogging all year!!  So if you leave a comment for me… or Toby… or Dougal then I’ve got a little something special that might just be coming your way!  I’ll get Dougal to do the draw tomorrow… it’s probably better that Dougal does it because Toby would just chew up the names!

Happy December everyone xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love how you are doing your DD and wow love that door knob LOL. Had to laugh when I first read about your dog on a log - is he going to be Tobys reward come Xmas Day??? ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic achievement Shell - 100 posts!!! And that's on top of getting your reports finished (I know what a task that is for 28 kids) Congratulations.
    Your December Daily is going to be fantastic and I am impressed that you will be doing a digital version, yet printing it out in 6 x 8 format. Go you!
    A big welcome to the game for Dougal too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 100th post. I have been reading your blog for about a year now and really enjoy your look at life. This will be my first year doing December Daily and I quite excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see that you are doing your December Daily project again this year.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx