Friday 14 December 2012

December Daily: Dec 13

Hi everyone :)

Yesterday was our last full day at school for 2012 and for the first time this year I really didn’t have anything for the kids to do!  All their books had gone home and their portfolios and reports were ready to go home in the afternoon.

We had our last ‘click card’ draw and then went back to our room where the kids had brought in things from home for a ‘technology’ day.  Normally they’re not allowed to bring phones, MP3 players and things like that to school so you would have thought they’d be happy to play but quite a few of them said they missed the ‘normal’ stuff.

Here’s my journaling for the day:Dec 13 journal copy_1

We spent most of the afternoon getting all the furniture and computers packed up onto the lino so that the carpet cleaners can come in.  I think the kids were just as happy as me when the 3pm bell rang.

After my team meeting I bought home some of the goodies and cards the kids had given me and decided to take a photo of them… and quick as a flash Dougal and Toby were in!  They had to sniff at everything to see what it all way and Dougal tried to get into the scorched almonds pretty quickly while Toby was more interested in the cards!

Here’s my photos from the day:Dec 13 photos copy_1

My Thursday night class went out for dinner last night (the Tuesday class had their dinner this week too!)  We had a really fabulous meal and spent three hours eating, talking, laughing and discussing our holiday plans.

By the time I got home it was pretty much time for bed… and to be honest I feel like I still need to sleep for a week just to catch up with myself! 

Today is our last day and I’m already counting down to the 12.30 bell.  I’ve still got some shelves and cupboards to sort out this morning and then I’ll be able to take a much needed break!

I hope you all have a fabulous day xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx