Wednesday 19 December 2012

December Daily: Dec 18

Hi everyone :)

Well the weather man was wrong… big surprise!  We’re now onto our third day of low cloud and drizzle so I’m doing washing and going up to the launderette to get it dry. 

On the ‘adult child’ side of things… there have been some significant changes over the past two days… dinner cooked, dishes done, please and thank you coming from her lips etc… it’s too early to tell if it will last but for the moment it’s wonderful.

Yesterday morning Veronica came over to do a canvas as a Christmas gift for her mother.  She had no idea of what she really wanted… and limited time to do the gift… so in the end we made a couple of photo story pages (8 x 12 inches) and took them down to the photo lab.  She managed to find frames she liked and went off quite happily with her new gifts.

Then I was able to actually start on the Christmas tree… I’m sure I saw Dougal pass out with excitement at one point but he sure did a quick recovery!

Here’s my journaling page:Dec 18 journaling copy_1

It turns out that I’ve got a bit of a ‘thing’ for Santa!  Maybe it’s the fact that he always looks so warm and snuggly… or maybe it’s that I always feel a little bit slimmer standing beside the jolly fat man… either way I think he’s gorgeous!  The Santa Mum bought me as a tree topper last year is so beautiful… and he’s vintage looking… good choice Mum!

Toby has shown hardly any interest in the Christmas tree… I don’t know if he’s lulling me into a false sense of security before he ‘makes his move’ or if he’s really not interested so I’m keeping a pretty watchful eye on him!

One thing I have discovered is that the Christmas tree doesn’t actually photograph very well.  I tried… and tried to get a good photo of the tree… I’ve got almost 100 photos now but none of them look right so I decided to go with a different look for my photo page and this is what I came up with:

Dec 18 photos copy_1

Of course Santa is right there!  Mum bought me the little Santa snow globe last year and it looks really neat on the tree… thanks Mum!

Here’s what the tree looks like… just so you know that I really did put the tree up!

IMG_4374_1

I’m starting to gather my supplies for my Christmas baking too… I’ve got lots of plans to get busy in my kitchen… it’s another ‘life is good’ kind of a day!

I hope you are having a great day xx

2 comments:

  1. Your tree looks great Shell! I just love the Vintage theme you have going on there! I do spot one decoration that is not so vintage though ..... look a lot like Dougal actually, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your tree looks great. Brody is taking a big interest in one particular present under ours which has his name on. Might have to put Elfie on tree duty so he doesn't sneak it away. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx