Sunday 23 December 2012

Project Life: Week 51

Hello again :)

If you’ve been looking at my December Daily pages this week you’ll know that there’s been lots of Christmas creativity going on. 

This time last week you wouldn’t have known it was Christmas time but now the mantelpiece is decorated, the tree is up and looking pretty, presents are waiting to be wrapped and there is ‘a little bit’ of excitement in the house.

Here’s an overview of the week:Full_1

Dougal has had quite a say in this weeks photos.  If he’d had his way all you would have seen would be pockets of glitter and sparkly ribbon!  He sat beside me while I was getting the photos organised chanting “glitter, sparkles, glitter, sparkles”… it was enough to make anyone forget what they were trying to do.

I did try and do some Christmas shopping early this week… and although I found some really great things they were all for me.  Oh well, at least the boys presents to Mumma were sorted LOL

This week we also threaded some popcorn garlands and they turned out really well… I’m super thrilled with them and will definitely make them again next year!

Here’s a close up of the start of the week:Left_1

This week I discovered that I have a bit of a ‘thing’ for Santa.  I’m sure it’s not the white beard because I certainly prefer my men clean shaven… maybe it’s that wee twinkle in his eye :)

I bought some great little scrabble letters and made some of my own Christmas decorations too.  They look great on the tree and make it just a little bit original.

I also got busy painting little terracotta pots and decorating them.  The chalkboard signs look great and I really love the sparkle of the silver decorations with all the lovely greenery.

In between being creative and decorating I’ve also had lots of time chilling out and reading the ‘50 Shades of Grey’ trilogy.  My oh my they are good books!  So far I’ve finished the first book and almost finished the second book… and I’m totally loving it!

Here’s a close up of the second part of my week:Right_1

Toby and I had a wonderful afternoon playing in the backyard yesterday.  He was jumping around and doing figure-eights as fast as he could.  He eventually needed a rest and lay down in amongst some of the long grass seed and I got some really fabulous photos of him. 

Thankfully, I also got some Christmas cards made this week too!  Not as many as I’d hoped to make but at least I’ve made them.  Now I just have to remember to get them into the post in the morning!

Toby and Dougal have also got quite a few tales… or should that be ‘tails’… to tell this week.  I caught them whispering together on the floor this morning and then a little later on I caught both of them getting into things that they shouldn’t be touching!

Dougal still plays tricks on Toby… and Toby still narks on Dougal… but at the end of the day I think brotherly love has won out!

As most of you know ‘Mr Magpie’ aka Dougal just can’t resist anything sparkly at all and he’s had a big hand in this weeks piece of creativity!  He wanted to put on some glitter and bling and he certainly sulked when I tried to explain the ‘less is more’ theory to him.

Here’s the piece we eventually compromised on:Creativity_1

We had a sparkly red background along with some sparkly silver ribbon and then I was allowed to add my favourite Santa picture.  It has way more sparkle than I thought it needed… and WAY LESS than Dougal was happy with!

So that’s been my week… I’m actually starting to get the excited feeling about Christmas that I used to get as a kid!   Toby is excited that ‘something’ is coming although he’s not really sure what it is… and Dougal is just about beside himself with glee!  Clearly he has a good grasp on the Christmas spirit and it’s rubbing off on me :)

I hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend and that all your plans are coming together the way you want them too xx

1 comment:

  1. What a productive week you have had. :) Have loved seeing your PL pages this year - are you going to continue next year?? Have a wonderful Xmas with your family and of course the boys. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx