Tuesday 1 January 2013

December Daily: Dec 31

Hi everyone :)

Before I share my final pages with you I’d like to take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for 2013!  I hope the year ahead brings you many laughs, lots of smiles and plenty of things to feel really good about.

New year 2013

So before the ‘tide’ completely washes away 2012 I’d better show you my final pages in my December Daily album.

We had a pretty miserable start of the final day of the year.  There were grey clouds and quite a few rain showers.  None of that bothered Dougal though because he was so excited packing his suitcase!

I knew he would take his glitter pack that Santa gave him… but I did have to rescue three of my own bottles of glitter from his suitcase… sneaky sneaky!  He also tried his best to fit one of the new Christmas light sets into his suitcase but sadly for him, he couldn’t get it in.  He did take a couple of nice photos of him and Toby together and one of me with him just in case he gets homesick!

When I was removing my glitter from his suitcase I happened to notice he had a few of my scorched almonds stashed away in the bottom of the suitcase… but I figured that he could have them as a little treat.

Toby and I dropped him off to the bus and after a quick cuddle he was quite happy to sit up with the bus driver and greet passengers as they boarded the bus.  I don’t know exactly what they’re going to teach him during his ‘training’ because quite frankly that boy is an absolute natural!

Here’s my journaling page:Dec 31 journal copy_1

In the afternoon the weather totally cleared up.  We had beautiful blue skies and loads of sunshine.  Toby and I decided to go outside… he wanted to play in the long grass while I was mowing it but thankfully the backyard is big enough for us to both be kept busy for a long time!

By the end of the afternoon… actually it was very late in the afternoon because the time really zoomed by… we were both covered in grass seed and in need of some cleaning up before we headed over to see Auntie Loreen and Uncle Keith for their New Years party.

We had a wonderful time celebrating, laughing, teasing and joking around and it was a brilliant way to see out 2012 and welcome in 2013!

Here’s my photo page:Dec 31 photos copy_1

Toby and I didn’t get home until well after 2am and we were both pretty tired.  We’ve got a glorious day here today and both of us are just enjoying hanging around both inside and out and enjoying the warm weather.

I did get a phone call from Dougal this morning to wish me a happy new year and he told me that he had a great time going up to Auckland and that he’s making lots of new friends already.  He’s off to a good start!

Happy 2013 everyone xx

1 comment:

  1. And wishing you and all your family a very happy new year too Shell. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx