Saturday 2 March 2013

A quick update

Hi everyone

Just a quick update to let you know that Richard passed away at 2pm on Wednesday afternoon. 

If there’s one thing I know about Richard, it’s that he didn’t mind being in the limelight and getting a little attention.  He also loved to dress up and be silly… and if he could get Mum to join in that was even better!

When William and Kate got married the pair of them wasted no time getting their ‘outfits’ ready and on the night of the royal wedding they were in fine form. 

P1090650_1

Richard followed my blog through Mum and I’m pretty sure he’d be quite happy to have a small post dedicated just to him. 

Richard’s funeral will be held in Tauranga on Monday followed by the burial in Auckland on Tuesday. 

Thank you to everyone who has left messages, texts, emails and phone calls.  Your love, prayers and thoughts have been a real strength to both Mum and myself over the past week.

Take care xx

3 comments:

  1. Very sorry to hear this news - thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please accept my deepest sympathy, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Shell, he sounds like such a joy to have known.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx