Saturday 23 March 2013

Friday Feel Good

Hi everyone :)

Sometime during this week I lost a day… I probably left it at school!  This morning I actually got up with my alarm and started the ‘getting ready for school’ routine to find Toby looking at me very strangely!  It would seem that he has an internal calendar and knew that today wasn’t a school day.  At least I realised before I actually turned up at school LOL

I’m not sure what it’s like in your little corner of the world but here in Rotorua the first feel of Autumn is in the air… it’s getting quite nippy in the mornings and last night I actually had a snuggle up with Toby and a thin blanket on the sofa.

We’ve had a really hot summer here… and everyone’s lawns are looking VERY brown.  This week we finally had some rain and I’m hoping that the grass will turn green again soon.

Summer is such a great time for berries… and they’re one of my favourite things about summer so this weeks’ Feel Good Friday is dedicated to the humble raspberry:

week 12 - raspberries copy

I love how red they are… and they’re absolutely stunning on pancakes!  I’ve never grown raspberries before but I do have a rather good supply of blackberries at the moment.  The fruit seems to be slowing down a little which is perfect timing because it’s time for the vines to be cut back next weekend.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend xx

1 comment:

  1. Yum - I've had boysenberries in my garden this year and we also planted a blueberry so looking forward to next summer with that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx