Tuesday 12 March 2013

Project Life: Week 8

Hi everyone :)

Well after three weeks of living on a roller coaster things are starting to settle down into a ‘new kind of normal’.  There is so much that goes on ‘behind the scenes’ that is just too personal to share… but your love, kindness and support has been absolutely wonderful and I want to personally thank all the people who made this step in our lives just a little bit easier for us.

So many people have been asking how Mum is getting on and the answer is… she’s getting up every day… she’s taking it one day at a time… and she’s learning how to live a different kind of life than she expected… and she’s loved.

It was actually really hard going back and trying to catch up on the last three weeks… and to be honest I’ve only finished doing Week 8 today… but I do know that when I look back on these pages I’ll be pleased that I’ve done them.

Here’s an overview of Week 8:full_1

My week started off really well… how could it not when I was able to save a whopping 40c per litre off my petrol!  You really do have to take advantage of special discounts and offers when they become available!

I had a writing course on Monday and it was really good… of course it’s even more work on top of everything else but I know it’s going to benefit my kids and that’s why I do what I do.

Here’s a close up of the start of the week:Left copy_1

Harold was visiting our school and no matter how old the kids get they always love it when Harold turns up.  In our region we also have Bernie and she’s a phenomenal teacher and motivator!

Toby features heavily this week too!  He decided that in spite of our ‘talks’ and ‘discussions’ the call of the duvet inner filling is just too much for him and it MUST be pulled out at every available opportunity!

Luckily for me, Mikayla is quite good at getting photos of my boy when I’m at work and I usually come home to photos of his daily antics!

We’ve been putting a bit of effort into our fitness programme at school and I’m happy to say that the kids are all now actively participating in the programme each day which is great!

I’m sure most dog owners can relate to the dog sitting on the stairs! I’m pretty sure he and Toby must be very close friends because Toby gives me that ‘look’ very regularly!

Here’s the second half of the week:Right copy_1

Of course this was the week that I got the call from Mum to say Richard was not going to be coming home.  It was such a shock to us and completely unexpected because just the night before we thought he was coming home in the morning.

Krystal and I rushed over to Tauranga to be there with Mum and Richard and I feel very blessed to have been able to sit and be with them both during this time.  Krystal took the photo of Grandma and Poppa holding hands while they were sleeping and it’s a really precious photo to all of us.

Krystal and I also spent a little time watching old family videos and it was a really special time.  Krystal was pretty pleased to see herself as a flower girl for her Auntie and Uncle… and I have to admit that it was the first time I’d actually seen the video myself.  

So that was Week 8…  I’ll be back with some more Project Life soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx