Sunday 16 June 2013

Project Life: Week 24 and Matariki

Hi everyone :)

I’ve been enjoying the best weekend I’ve had in MONTHS!  I’ve even done a couple more pages in my art journal today so I’m feeling really good.  It’s been a good week overall too… except that my website has been demolished by internet hacks of the worst kind so we’ve had to take it offline for now. 

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

The start of my week was filled with baking.  On Monday my class had their second go at making chocolate chippie cookies and this time my bowl survived the experience… although not all the cookies did because Matua Mike could smell the baking and just had to help himself on his way through the staff room LOL

At home Mikayla found a new cookie recipe… Apple and Peanut Butter!  I wasn’t too sure about them but they were surprisingly yummy!

Here’s a close up of the start of my week:Left_1

On Tuesday the Duffy Theatre people arrived and did a couple of performances for our kids.  They always produce a lot of laughs and the kids get completely captivated by their stories and acting.

We’ve been doing a lot of writing lately… and lots of different types of writing too!  The kids all wrote recipes for making Smoothies for Ralph (the mouse from our class story).  Most of the smoothies had peanut butter, blueberry muffins and bacon in them LOL  They might not taste good to us but the kids set out their recipes correctly which was the aim of the writing.

Along with lots of writing we’ve also been doing some art in the past couple of weeks getting ready for the Matariki celebration and I finally got it all mounted and ready for display.  The kids loved how they turned out.

Right_1

Another wall display that has suddenly ended up on our wall is all the kids reading activities.  They’ve been producing some outstanding work and our classroom walls look awesome!  We’ve even got a little wall above the classroom sink with all our S.M.A.R.T. Goals on them (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound).

One of my boys really struggles with his learning but we’ve discovered he likes working on my desk with Whaea Sue so we’ve been making good use of that!

On Friday afternoon I took my kids to see the Matariki display in the school hall just before the bell for home time went and sitting on the stage was Matua Aidan trying to get his painting finished for the art auction… the paint wouldn’t have even been dry by the time the auction was supposed to start LOL

If you saw my blog yesterday you would have seen all the pages I’ve been working on for my art journal and my table was a creative mess… but it felt really good!

Now for the Matariki insert.  I decided to just include the photos without writing on them because I wanted them in my album but I really wanted to keep on being creative so a compromise was called for LOL  Here’s what I came up with for the insert:

front_1

back_1

As it turned out the art auction didn’t go ahead… not sure why… but they’re going to have it early next term apparently so my kids and I are going to get a classroom canvas done to go in the auction.

So that’s been my week and best of all my school work is practically finished so I might just get to have a night off tonight :)

Wishing you all a safe and happy week ahead xx

p.s. even though Toby isn’t in my pages this week he’s quite happy and currently lying full stretch in front of the fire :)

1 comment:

  1. Did wonder what happened to the website. :( Awesome artwork from your kids :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx