Friday 26 July 2013

Feel Good Friday

Hi everyone :)

Another Friday has rolled around again… and it’s only a couple more days until school starts for the third term.  I’ve been busy doing some ‘organisational stuff’ for my craft room and I’m in a pretty happy place right now :)

Over the years I’ve had several different friends and family members give me help and advice on how to organise my craft room… and no matter what we’ve done it just hasn’t really worked for ME.  I get it all tidied up and as soon as I do a project the whole thing falls apart again.  But I’ve come to realise a few things:

  1. I don’t really like plastic storage in my craft room
  2. I’m probably not going to put the lid back on the container
  3. It’s got to be quick to tidy up
  4. I HAVE to be able to find things when I need them

Since I’ve been doing my art journal pages I’ve found a system that seems to be working for me… and that’s got to be a good thing! 

The next  step was to transfer what IS working for me to a bigger scale and I think I’ve really cracked it this time! 

I’m not quite ready to share what I’m working on yet… mostly because it’s not actually finished but I did browse around the internet for some craft room organisational ideas and there are so many options out there… along with some really pretty and functional scrap/craft spaces so here’s my layout for this week:

week 30 - craft room copy

My biggest piece of organisational advice is to think about the way YOU work and what YOU like and go from there.

Happy Friday xx

4 comments:

  1. Craft organisation is a biggie and I've found that what works for me now probably won't work for me a years time. ROFL. Its neverending. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping that what I'm doing now works for a LONG time LOL

      Delete
  2. Sometimes just cleaning up & sorting is as much fun as creating ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Mary Lou... and I'm finding heaps of things that I'd forgotten about or thought I'd lost!

      Delete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx