Sunday 21 July 2013

Project Life: Week 29

Hi everyone :)

Well what a week!  This time last week I was busy trying to finish writing my reports and now I’ve actually had a chance to do some things I’ve been wanting today for ages!  I think I’m finally starting to relax a bit and my brain hasn’t got quite so much going on in there which is a lovely feeling… if you know what I mean LOL

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

As you know, on Monday we had a Teacher Only Day followed by a phone call from a very upset daughter after she’d come home to find a burglar at her house.

Although I hadn’t intended going over to Krystal’s on Monday it actually was wonderful to spend some time with her and Chris and just get away from home for a couple of nights. 

On Monday night we decided that ‘comfort food’ was needed which consisted of KFC for our actual dinner along with lots of nibbly things to snack on… such a cool idea!

Here’s a close up of the start of my week:Left_1

Although it wasn’t the best thing to have happened to Krystal and Chris we actually did have a few laughs over it when the cops came… especially when it came to Chris having his finger prints (and palm prints) taken for ‘elimination purposes’.  So pleased I had my stamp pad with me!

As you know I did a couple of art pages while I was in Hamilton.  I’m so pleased I took a bit of time to put my art supplies in the car because I really needed something to focus on that didn’t involve school.  Trying to keep that work/life balance has been very challenging in the past 3 months and to be honest I wasn’t ‘winning’ the battle at all!

Before I went home Krystal and I decided to go out for a VERY late lunch and it was great!  Fantastic tastes and a chance to just sit and talk before heading back to my fur baby… Toby was very pleased to have Mumma home again!

Speaking of Toby… one of his most favourite things is ‘tato balls’!  He loves it when we have mashed potato with our dinner because Mikayla always makes extra potato especially for him and then she rolls it into balls and feeds it to him… yes he’s completely spoilt!

Here’s a close up of the second part of my week including Toby being super good so he can have another ‘tato’!

Right_1

On Thursday I got my reports checked and finalised so I was able to really begin to relax.  I did another art journal page and really lost myself in the creativity. 

On Friday I dedicated myself to cleaning...  vacuuming… polishing… dusting and de-cluttering the lounge!  I also got my new piece of art up on the wall… totally loving how it looks!

Friday night was great too!  My friend Ann had her Gold Card Birthday and she planned a wonderful celebration at a local hotel.  We wined and dined… were fully entertained and had lots of laughs!  Ann had a wonderful night and totally deserved all the lovely things said about her!

Yesterday I went over to Tauranga and Mum and I went to the Dunkley’s show.  Before we even got in the door we’d caught up with Sheree and Mark and had a few laughs going through a container of old pennies looking for the ‘right’ years.  The owner of the stall said it was the best entertainment he’d had all morning!

I did buy a few goodies… mostly art journal things… although I couldn’t resist the Belgium truffle stall!!  We saw lots of cool stuff including some artwork by a NZ artist that really caught my eye.

Which brings me to today… and I’ve spent most of the day working on another art journal page inspired by the artist I saw at the show yesterday.

Here’s my journal page:

I did take step by step photos for another tutorial so if you stop by tomorrow I’ll show you how I did it!  Loving all the texture and it was a very pleasurable way to spend my Sunday :)

So there you have it… Week 29 is done and dusted!

I hope you’ve all had a great weekend xx

2 comments:

  1. Loving all your art pages Shell - that last one is awesome. Enjoy the coming week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki :) Definitely enjoying doing them too!

      Delete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx