Saturday 31 August 2013

Art dolls… my new favourite thing!

Hi everyone :)

I’ve been getting all creative this weekend and the ideas are really flowing… it’s a good thing!  Recently I’ve noticed the Prima mixed media art doll stamps designed by Julie Nutting… and from the look of quite a few of the arty blogs out there lots of other people have been noticing them too!

At the end of last week I decided to get a couple of the stamps for myself and see what all the fuss was about and on Tuesday a lovely little package arrived for me:new stamps

If you haven’t seen these stamps yourself they're actually not so little!  The doll is actually almost 8 inches tall!  I’ve been wanting to stamp her all week because one of my sisters’ is celebrating her 40th birthday today and I wanted to make her a card… but I wasn’t even able to take them out of the packaging until this morning… and I tell you I’ve had FUN today!

I did a fair bit of stamping… lots of ‘fussy’ cutting and some paper piecing… so many options were available with all the paper I’ve got in my stash!  It didn’t take me too long to come up with a birthday card for my sister… which I then emailed her a photo of and it will be in the post on Monday morning!  Here’s her card:

Tracey's card

The card is 4 inches x 9 inches so it’s a good size and I’ve used some of the 6x6 paper pad I bought last weekend to create her dress.

I liked the way this girl came together so much that I had to make one for me using the same papers… and of course I had another stamp to use as well so next came two tags:

tags

I had to cut the tags out with my Silhouette because the doll is too tall for the Tim Holtz die tags I usually use… but that just meant I could use some more of my paper stash!

By the time I’d done these two I didn’t really want to make any more tags but was still enjoying the stamping, cutting and colouring so I made some more dolls… not sure what I’m going to make with them yet… maybe some more cards??

dolls

I have a couple of friends who will be celebrating their birthdays in the next couple of months so these girls might really come in handy!

So here’s my productivity for the day:all

It’s been a good day for being creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx