Sunday 1 September 2013

Project Life: Week 35

Hi everyone and welcome to another instalment in my Project Life project.  As usual there has been lots happening around here.  Here’s the overview of my week:Full_1

Mum has been busy painting and embellishing one of Richard’s old work boots and it’s looking pretty spectacular now!  I totally love the little tractor she’s added to it… and even more so because it’s a mini replica of the actual style of tractor Richard used in his farming days.

Last week Mikayla was sure she saw a mouse running out from behind the lounge curtain… it turns out that she’s REALLY afraid of mice… she certainly proved that she can squeal at the top of her lungs LOL

When we did the groceries on Monday night we bought a pair of mouse traps, came home and baited them with peanut butter and left them overnight.  In the morning the traps were still empty but when I got home on Tuesday we’d caught a mouse!  I reset the trap and by 9pm we had our second mouse… both caught in the laundry.  Since then we’ve had no more so maybe our ‘mouse in the house’ problem has been solved already!

Here’s a closer look at the start of the week:Left_1

I’ve been trying to figure out how to do my August instalment of the One Little Word project… and the prompt wasn’t really helping me very much but when I talked about it with my kids they came up with some great ideas… including using their bodies to make the word ‘choices’ for me.  It’s hard to see in the photo but they did a really awesome job!

Barb has been a friend, work colleague and fellow scrapper for a long time… and she’s worth her weight in gold in the classroom.  This week she’s been helping one of my reading groups learn all about hedgehogs and I caught her going over the book during a quiet moment in class… I’ll probably owe her morning tea when she see’s I’ve blogged about it!

We also un-moulded our hypertufa pots on Wednesday… and I’m happy to report that they are all still intact!  The kids were really pleased with how they turned out and we invited Room 9 over to see what we had made.  They’re making theirs this week and it was good for them to be able to get some ideas from my kids… plus I was able to listen in on the kids sharing their knowledge and find out just who had really learnt something during the making of our pots.

Here’s the second half of my week:Right_1

On Thursday night I went out to John and Wendy’s place for dinner.  While John and I were working on the computer Wendy cooked us up a sumptuous meal of Beef Wellington, mushrooms, salad and condiments… and then she followed it up with a delicious dessert… a bread and butter pudding made with croissants and chocolate!

Yesterday one of my sisters celebrated her 40th birthday and my nephew was keen to get in on the ‘breakfast in bed’ action!  Scrambled eggs, bacon and toast… if I’d been there I would have been tempted to join them myself!

As you know I’ve been getting into my art doll stamping and I had a really productive day on Saturday.  It was so nice to sit and do something creative… especially since I seem to have contracted a rather horrible head cold since Friday.

Mikayla gave Toby a bath yesterday and he loved it… he doesn’t look like he’s enjoying himself in the photo but he really does love having a nice warm bath!  He obviously finds it tiring though because last night he snuggled down under the duvet on the sofa and had a lovely long nap.

So that’s been my week… lots of school… lots of creating yesterday… and lots of the everyday stuff that makes up my life.

Of course today is also Father’s Day and I want to wish my Dad a very happy Father’s Day from me :)

Dad copy

Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx