Tuesday 8 October 2013

Belated Feel Good Friday and a quick retreat update

Hi everyone :)

My computer is playing up big time at the moment so the Feel Good Friday didn’t make it onto the blog before I headed off to the October Retreat but it’s here now.

On Monday I spent the day in Tirau with Esther and it’s amazing how one little town can have so much to look at!  As most of you know I love plain clear glass jars and on Monday I bought the most beautiful glass vase… you’ll have to wait for my Project Life pages to see it! 

So here’s my layout dedicated to glass jars:week 40 - glass jars copy

I saw lots of clear glass while I was in Tirau and those apothecary jars and lolly jars on pedestals seemed to be quite popular with other people as well.

Now for a quick update on the October Retreat!

It really was a wonderful weekend spent with like-minded creative ladies.  We had a lot of laughs… plenty of scrapbooking and the whole weekend just seemed to flow really well.

On Saturday afternoon our host, Mark, took our group photo outside… the weather was gorgeous all weekend:

group 1

The theme for this retreat was Halloween and Loreen made this fantastic haunted house and brought it over to share with all of us… it’s made completely out of paper!

DSCN8228

On Saturday night we had our a bit of a dress up time and Mum got this photo of some of the ladies who went all out to look as spooky as possible!

DSCN8247

Of course we had to get another group photo as well… there’s a few ladies missing from the photo but most of us are there!

group 2

Patricia came over with this fantastic plate of goodies… fingers, spiders and bones with a dipping sauce!

DSCN8250

And check out these chocolate crackles (love them!!) on the spooky cake stand:

DSCN8253

Now it’s time for me to enjoy a bit of R & R before the school holidays are over and I’m heading down to Gisborne to spend some much needed ‘Auntie Time’ with my niece and nephews!

Have a great week everyone xx

2 comments:

  1. What a fun theme for the retreat. :) Enjoy your "auntie time" and whats left of the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a big fun time was had by all. Looking forward to seeing your new piece of glass. Unfortunately two of mine were smashed over the weekend, couldn't believe it!

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx