Monday 23 December 2013

Project Life: Week 51

Hi everyone :)

What a busy week!  This time last week I had just finished my last day at Selwyn School and now I’m ‘almost’ prepared for Christmas with my family.  There’s still a million things to do including actually buying all the food at the supermarket and preparing it before everyone arrives… but I’ve still got time!

Here’s an overview of my week:Full_1

I’ve already told you about heaps of the things in this weeks photos through the December Daily project… like packing up my classroom and the flowers that Maia’s mum made for me so I won’t go into more detail about that today.

On Tuesday I went to Tirau for a look at the shops and there were some fabulous window displays!  Santa was everywhere and there were lots of quirky ideas!

Krystal arrived during the week and we got busy in the garage throwing things out.  It’s been really good to get rid of junk that’s been hanging around for a long time… and we did recycle as many items as we could!

Here’s a close up of the start of my week:Left-web

Carey presented me with a gorgeous book about a local Rotorua myth and the illustrations are absolutely amazing.  I know it will definitely share this story with my 2014 class!

Poor Toby has been really suffering in the heat.  He gets himself all worn out and the other day he lay on the sofa with his head on a cushion… was too cute not to get a photo!  Today it’s cooled off heaps and he’s a much happier boy!

Our place has been like Grand Central Station this week with friend dropping in and every time Toby hears the knock on the door he gets himself all excited!  He especially loved Krystal coming home for a visit.

Here’s a closer look at the second part of my week:Right-web

In amongst the rest of the Christmas madness I had a calming couple of hours being pampered at the hairdressers.  They’ve re-touched my colour and got rid of all the blonde bits which is great! 

Then it was onto some Christmas decorating.  Toby seemed quite confused that there was a tree in the big box… it looked like a tree but it didn’t smell like a tree.  He’s quite fascinated with the diffusing oil though and quite often goes up to sniff it!

I’m really pleased with the tree… yes I know I keep saying that but I really am over the moon with how lovely it looks… especially at night!  The vintage Santa and lamp post made their first appearance and I’ve finally been able to do the table up with the Santa runner I bought. 

The flowers Maia’s mum made me went perfectly with the colour scheme on the table and I’m thrilled to bit with my stars too.  It looks lovely at night with the candles lit!

We’ve got a full house here at the moment since Esther has arrived from Wellington to share some Christmas time with us and today I took her and Toby with me to go and get Mikayla from the farm… that’s a 120 kilometer round trip! 

Mikayla is home until early January so I’m sure I’ll be able to get her to help me with some packing and sorting!

I hope you’re all having a great day and getting your preparations done.  I’d better go and finalise my list for the Christmas menu so that I can get all the goodies sorted.

Have a great day xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx