Yes I’ve finally done something creative!!
Before I show you the next part of my project I just want to share with you that after I coloured the backgrounds with paint and stain the dictionary paper started to lift off the playing cards… I think it might be because the cards have a coating on them… anyway it was no big drama. All I did was carefully peel away the dictionary paper (very simple) and then I used my nail file to ‘scuff’ up the surface of the card before sticking the background paper back down with mono glue.
Then I decided to get out my Distress Ink markers to add some colour… and I pretty much chose the same colours as I had already used in the background… love how the Picket Fence pen really highlighted the stamp too:
I wanted to try a couple of different techniques on this card so I grabbed some Sticky-backed Canvas (Ranger product) that I’ve had for absolutely ages and I die cut a heart. Then I painted it with one of my favourite red paints – Jo Sonya’s Brown Madder
While the paint was drying I decided to try and stencil a design onto the background of my card using Distress Paint… and I REALLY stuffed it up! Too much paint comes out of the dauber to do stenciling and I was left with a big black splodgy mess… but it wasn’t a total disaster! Thankfully the paint remains reactive with water until it dries so I just kept spraying and dabbing until the ‘mess’ had lightened a lot:
Have to say that I’m pretty happy with it although in real life the background is more green and the colours are way more vibrant! Even my stenciled ‘mess’ doesn’t look so bad now! Since I already had everything out I decided to make another card using exactly the same things but placing the words in a different order… it’s amazing how different the meaning becomes just by doing that!
So now I’ve got two finished cards that I’m really happy with… and I’ve kind of gotten over the whole ‘blank canvas’ thing now!