Monday 23 February 2015

Project Life – Week 5

Hello again… I’ve managed to complete another week in my Project Life album!  Here’s an overview of Week 5 – January 26th – February 1st

FULL_1

On Monday, Mike and Tracey (his cousin) got back from Whangarei and Toby and I were pretty pleased to see him again.  We spent most of the afternoon hanging out together before taking Toby for a gentle walk (due to my calf muscle) and then we had dinner.

I’m finding it really nice to cook for someone other than just me and we’ve got a nice little routine going which includes doing the dishes together each night.

My herb garden is starting to take off now and we’ve actually been able to eat some fresh chillies and a capsicum that were homegrown as well.

Here’s a closer look at the start of the week:LEFT_1

I’ve spent a bit of time this week organising my classroom.  It’s always interesting when you start teaching in a new classroom.  You have to try and work out the ‘traffic flow’, furniture placement, display areas, teaching and mat areas as well as where to keep all the resources.

I managed to get most of it sorted out and then I bought some new fabric to go up on the walls of my classroom.  It makes the classroom instantly more colourful and has the added bonus of backing the kids work really well. 

You might remember that in Week 4 I printed off a whole heap of colour photos for my Hobbiton wall frame.  After putting all the photos in place I decided that I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would so I re-printed all the photos in black and white and now I really love the new frame.  Somehow the photos seem a lot more dramatic in black and white!

Here’s a close up of the second part of my week:RIGHT_1

We started off our school year with a two day noho marae.  As a ‘newbie’ to the staff, it was a really good way to get to know everyone PLUS we had some amazing tutors for the two days who shared so much of their knowledge with us.  We did a long walk on the second day and visited lots of places including the government gardens, museum and the hospital.  It’s amazing where all the local treasures end up and I learnt so much from the experience.

By the weekend I was ready to chill out with Mike and we started off the weekend with breakfast out at one of my favourite places (Third Place).  We invited Krystal to join us and it was nice to spend some quality time together.  After breakfast we had to go and do our recycling and Krystal decided to hang out with us some more… then we all went into my classroom to finish off the wall displays and after that Krystal took us out to a local blueberry picking place.  They make their own blueberry frozen yoghurt and it was DIVINE!

We spent most of Sunday doing jobs around the house and then we went to a family dinner at Krystal’s.  Once a fortnight Krystal, Chris and their flatmates invite their families around for dinner.  It’s quite nice to catch up with the other parents plus we all get to share a meal with our children.

One thing I have found is that Krystal and I have been sharing lots of foodie ideas lately… which I think is great!  She gave Mike and I a taste of her chocolate Baileys and we’re total converts… it was super delicious and we’ve since bought a bottle for ourselves!

And that brings us to the end of January! 

2 comments:

  1. Great catch up in both posts - glad to see that life is treating you well (wink wink) other than your pulled calf muscle (ouch). Muscle injuries can take soooo long to heal. Your blackberries look so delicious - right now under all our snow & cold, gardening outdoors is still in the planning/dreaming stages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you Shelley and your Project Life pages are awesome. Look after yourself. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx