Saturday 31 October 2015

Project Life: Week 35

Well it’s about time isn’t it!?!  I’ve been trying to get myself organised enough to actually work on my Project Life album with very little success but this weekend I’m away with some friends at a scrapping retreat and I’ve taken NO supplies with me except for my computer and a desire to catch up… and so far so good because I’ve already finished Week 35!

I’m officially two full months behind now because Week 35 was August 24th to 30th!

FULL_1

During this week I did my first days of relief teaching and it’s the start of a whole new chapter in my teaching career.  One of the stipulations is that I cannot take photos at school due to confidentiality so I found that pretty much all the photos on this weeks pages were actually taken on the weekend.

Mike doesn’t like replacing things.  He finds it hard to part with money when he is ‘just getting what he already had’ LOL  This week though his jandals really did HAVE to be replaced because he’d completely worn through the heel.  Thankfully we were able to find a pair of new jandals that fitted within his very limited price range!

While we’re on the subject of replacing things… my drivers licence expired this week.  I had to produce my licence for identification at the new school and suddenly realised that it had expired two days earlier.  A quick trip to the licencing agent and I was all set for another 10 years!

Here’s a closer look at the first page:LEFT_1

On Saturday morning Mike and Toby got busy in the art studio sanding down all the walls.  There was dust flying everywhere and lots of noise to go with it.  When I went to investigate I discovered that Toby was making most of the noise!  He LOVED the sound of his feet on the paper on the floor (which was protecting the painted floor). He also totally LOVED all the dust flying around the room and was doing his best to catch it in his mouth!

By 9.30am Mike was done and suggested we head over to Hamilton for the day.  We were having dinner with my Dad since he was in Hamilton for an event so we figured we might as well make a day of it.

After we arrived we had lunch at Furnace and it was really delicious… such a lovely cozy atmosphere and great food and service.  Then we did a spot of shopping.  I managed to find some Tim Holtz stamp pockets which will come in very handy when I’m organising all my supplies. 

We also had a good look in the Harley shop which just happened to be up the road from the motel Dad was staying in!   We didn’t actually buy anything but we did find a few things to put on our wish list.

Next on our list of things to do was a visit to the Hamilton gardens.  I took heaps of photos and tried out lots of different camera settings… it’s all a learning process!

Here’s a closer look at the rest of the photos:RIGHT_1

Mike and I both loved the Tudor gardens.  They reminded us a little of Game of Thrones and to be honest they made a fab subject to photograph.  There were loads of people at the gardens on this day but Mike and I took our time wandering around all the different areas.  I’ve always loved the Italian gardens and Mike was pretty fascinated with the New Zealand gardens.  It’s always neat seeing things through someone else’s eyes.

Mike is really patient and will often point out things to me that would be good subjects to photograph.  The arches photo was a good example.  I really liked how the arches looked from our vantage point but people kept walking through the end of the photo.  I was pretty much ready to give up but Mike said to just wait a little longer and sure enough I got a photo that I was pretty happy with.

Next up we visited Duck Island ice cream store and splurged on the most amazing sundaes.  Mike chose about three different flavours and ‘custom designed’ his own sundae.  I decided that a salted caramel popcorn sundae would be worth a try and it definitely was!

We spent the last part of the day with Dad and Jan, catching up on each others news.  We went out for dinner with them and another couple that Dad was travelling with.

On Sunday Mike and Toby got busy sanding in the art studio again.  Mike looked like a snowman by the time he’d finished sanding.  Toby just wanted to know why he couldn’t have a coffee as well!

Krystal had come to ‘puppy sit’ Toby while we were in Hamilton and Toby loved having her to stay.  He loves snuggling up with everyone so when Krystal pulled out the sofa bed and slept there for the night he was in doggie heaven.  He especially liked it when she played ‘wriggly fingers’ with him!

So that was our Week 35… thanks for stopping by for a visit xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx