Monday 9 November 2015

Project Life: Week 37

Today I headed into work and when I got there I found there’d been a major muck up and they really didn’t need me today so I’m working on Wednesday instead. I’ve picked up a .5 teaching position at a special needs school which means I work 2 1/2 days per week. 

It’s a gorgeous day here in Rotorua and so far I’ve got a couple of loads of washing on the line… started weeding the front garden and organised some more stuff for my art studio.  Hopefully I’ll be able to keep up the momentum for the whole day and get lots done!

Here’s a look at our Week 37 – September 7th – 13thFULL_1

Mike mentioned that he quite liked peanut brownies which I don’t usually make so I searched out a recipe and got baking.  Funnily enough, Mike and Danny turned up from work early… just as the cookies came out of the oven!

Toby might not be allowed chocolate cookies but he DOES like to have one of his biscuits in front of the fire.  The only real down side to having a fire is the mess… there’s dust and ash all over the place and Toby likes to munch on pieces of firewood so there’s little bits of sharp sticks everywhere!!

Here’s a closer look at the left side of my album:LEFT_1

Mike’s been making fabulous progress in the art studio… he’s even been doing a ‘make over’ on my big table.  It’s a little bit too wide and the edges are quite sharp so Mike cut some off the width and then did an angle cut on all four sides. 

On the cooking front we’ve been trying some new recipes and Mike quite likes ‘that green stuff from the garden’ chopped up in his dinner.  The ‘green stuff’ is actually Italian parsley and it does taste pretty good!

We discovered last week that we had some Fly Buys points that were going to expire so I had a look at the various rewards you could get and found a beginners cheese making kit was right within our points range.  I ordered it and it was super speedy to arrive!

I decided to give mozzarella cheese a go… I read all the instructions… watched the little video and did exactly what they said to do and it turned out perfectly!  Mike was actually pretty impressed too :)

Since we had our fresh mozzarella as well as the cheeses we bought the previous weekend we decided to get a smoked chicken and make ourselves a cheese platter for dinner… SOOO good!

The next night we had smoked chicken pizzas with fresh mozzarella cheese for dinner… YUM!!

Here’s a closer look at the right side of the page:RIGHT_1

Mike cleaned up the window frames with his scraper tool and then once the primer was dry on my table he gave it a coat of paint.  It’s all looking pretty amazing and it won’t be long now until I can move my stuff in.

On Saturday we went over to Mum’s place with the chainsaw to cut down a tree for her.  Mike really likes getting into ‘demolition mode’!  It definitely didn’t take long for the tree to come down… in fact it was almost done before I even had a chance to get the camera out!  Mum’s neighbours saw what was happening and came to ask if Mike could take the top off another tree that was blocking their sunlight.  Mike was only too happy to help… he was up the tree with the pruners and a saw and before you knew it the top of the tree was lopped off.

On Sunday I spent a bit of time helping Krystal out with one of her teaching assignments.  She wanted some ‘alternative’ fairy stories for an assignment and not only did I know of quite a few titles but I actually owned a few of them.  So nice to be able to help her out.

So that was our week… plenty to do and lots of jobs ticked off our list. 

Thanks for visiting xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh making your own cheese sounds like fun. Your craft room is looking better each time, can't wait to see what comes created from that space. Mike does sound a handy treasure ...Toby does look quite content by the fire. You must be so proud of Krystal following in your footsteps. Are you participating in December Daily this year? You know who I'm looking forward to seeing - a very white puppy that brings his own special kind of holiday magic. He could be an alternate fairy story. (lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary-Lou :) I've actually been thinking about December Daily just this week and I've decided that I will do it... and of course wee Dougal will HAVE to be involved LOL

      Delete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx