Tuesday 29 December 2015

December Daily: Dec 25

Christmas Day this year was completely different to our usual family get-togethers.  This year it was just us, the boys and Krystal.  We had such a relaxing day... we ate... we talked... we played games... we watched a movie... and we laughed together.

Michael and I got woken up by the boys opening their Santa stockings... totally missed the photo op because they ripped into their presents before I was ready with the camera!  Toby got a couple of his favourite treats... chicken and bacon biscuits, and duck tenders... meanwhile Dougal was in 7th heaven with some new glitter!

Michael went around to Krystal's and when they arrived we had present opening.  Toby did really well this year... he got me some of my favourite Ferrero Rocher chocolates and he got Daddy a ceramic R2D2 cookie jar full of cookies!


Michael bought me a lovely rustic wooden box that opens up to reveal a standing mirror (you can see it at the front of the table) and I got him the coffee plunger he was coveting... he loves it and is using it daily!

After presents, Krystal and I got busy in the kitchen.  We made the blueberry and lemon curd trifle that Mike requested... and we also put the leg of lamb which we smothered in cranberry jelly and fresh rosemary into the oven.  Then we got onto making our first course... Canadian lobsters, prawns and panko crumbed scallops... soooo delicious!



After the first course we cleared the table and had a few games of Rummikub.  It's been our favourite family game since the girls were at primary school.  While we played we had some cheese and crackers... it is Christmas after all!

While we watched a movie together we got all the vegetables into the oven to roast.  By the time the movie finished the smells coming from the kitchen were incredible!  Krystal and I made a quick gravy and then lunch was served.  Totally delicious although I didn't get a photo!

After the roast Michael took himself off for a little nap and Krystal and I watched a girly movie... and then we thought we might just have some brandy snaps... so we whipped some cream and got them ready.  Dougal got busy helping himself... he tried to say he didn't but the silly boy had cream on his nose... it's a dead giveaway!

Since Michael was asleep we scoffed them ourselves... besides, Michael isn't a huge fan of brandy snaps.  When he woke up he was ready for the requested trifle and it went down a treat!  So delicious and I'll definitely make it again.


So that was our Christmas.  We did catch up with Roxanne and Mikayla via phone and they were both having a lovely day.  Maybe one year we'll have all our girls at home for Christmas!

For the creative pieces I kept it pretty simple.  I die cut the '25' using a Tim Holtz die and the holly was cut from another Tim Holtz die.  The tag in the lower pocket was too pretty not to use so I attached it to the white embossed card with a jewel brad... super simple.

And there you have it... Christmas Day 2015 done and dusted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx