Monday 14 December 2015

December Daily: My album so far

Having HUGE problems with Windows Live Writer at the moment... it won't connect up to my blog account... seems to be something to do with a new Google setting that's been put in place... GRRR!  Rant over... back to blogging!

This weekend I spent LOTS of creative time in my art studio.  Actually Mike spent quite a lot of time in there too moving things around… putting up a new shelf and painting a table for me.

During all my creative time I got lots of photos printed off and made lots of the 2x4 pieces of creativity for my album.  I also got the printer/scanner set up and it scans a full page of my album absolutely perfectly… so today I thought I’d share with you my album so far.

First up is the title page which you might have seen in an earlier post: 

Apart from the two pieces in the centre of the title page, I’m using just one embossing folder throughout my album.  I really love the pattern and even though it’s got a few snowflakes in it I’m loving the swirly pattern enough to ignore them.

It’s from Couture Creations and it’s called Snow Storm.  The embossing folder measures 5x7 so I can get several pieces cut from one piece of embossed cardstock too… that’s always a bonus!

Dec 1: I hadn’t quite got myself into ‘photo taking’ mode yet so I only had two photos for the 1st of December.  In the end I did lots of die cutting and embossing to complete this page… plus I used a couple of pieces from the ephemera pack by Heidi Swapp.


 Dec 2: I did a little die cutting with glitter cardstock for my deer and added a Tim Holtz trinket around it’s neck.  For the other 2x4 piece I made a replica of the girl on my Christmas cards… which reminds me that I still haven’t actually posted any cards yet


Dec 3: More die cutting again… the ‘tree’ die was a freebie from a magazine… had it for a while now and never used it.  The little poinsettia flowers are from another die set but they were super cute on the tree.  The deer in the other 2x4 piece was cut using my Cameo and then I added a poinsettia flower and leaves… super easy but very effective with the simple colour scheme.


Dec 4: I had fun with this page!  A couple of months ago I bought a Fuse tool and it was still sitting in it’s packaging so I got it out… heated it up and made myself a ‘shaker pocket’ using another deer cut with my Cameo and some little star confetti.  I love how it turned out!

In the other 2x4 piece I used some black cardstock and them heat embossed a couple of my Christmas stamps.  It’s ages since I’ve done heat embossing but it’s still just as magical watching the embossing powder melt as it always was!



Dec 5: The date pocket is the back of the shaker card from the 4th.  I put the date stars back to back and since the deer was cut from black cardstock it looks good from both sides.

The other pocket was made using a die cut word from the Tim Holtz Christmas word set and the Santa is from Heidi Swapp’s pack.

Dec 6: I had so much fun with the 2x4 pockets on this page.  The poinsettia flowers were made using a stamp and die set.  I stamped and heat embossed the flowers using silver and then die cut them… so happy with how they turned out.  I’ve had the dies for a few years now and used them once or twice:

Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia:

Last year I bought the stamp set that matches it… but never actually got around to using it so it’s another ‘new’ thing for me to use!

Heartfelt Creations "Petite Poinsettia PreCut Set (HCPC 3415)

There’s a real technique to getting the die cutting just right but once you get it figured out it’s fantastic… and super speedy!


 The other 2x4 pocket was created using a ‘new’ die… it’s called Quilt Square Cover Up and it’s one of the nicest dies I’ve used.

I used some of the papers from the Kaiser Silver Bells paper pad so that it matched in with the photo of the card I made.  Now I’ll have to make a card using the whole die instead of just half of it!

I’ve got lots more ‘Dougal stories’ to share so I’ll be back later with the next instalment!  Thanks for visiting and if you have any tips on how to get my Windows Live Writer connected up to my blog again I'd really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx