Sunday 6 December 2015

December Daily: Title page and Dec 4

Gosh we had a busy day yesterday and when I shut the computer down I realised I hadn’t shared my Dec 4 photos so here they are.

On Friday I was only working a half day so I got home just on 1pm.  Mike was making himself some lunch before he had to get ready for work and the boys were quite happy playing in the family room.

Next thing you know Mike went to get his toasted sandwich and the boys heard him and shot off like the little scavengers they are!  As my Mum would say ‘There’s no Punch without Judy’.  Poor Mike had TWO little hungry faces watching his every move and being the soft touch he is he shared his toasties with them!

soft touch_1

thank you_1

After Mike went to work I called around to see Krystal and we headed into town to do a few bits and pieces.  I went and got some photos printed off and Dougal decided to come and investigate.  I told him quite clearly that he was NOT to touch anything and he was actually pretty good… but he just had to get closer to the photo machine when he saw himself on the screen!

Dougal_1

Later that afternoon I was in my art studio and the boys were both with me.  After not using this space straight away I’m practically living in it now!!  I was making some pieces for the title page of my album and I had everything laid out on my big table. 

Toby has made himself a space on the floor right beside my table and we’ve brought one of his blankets down to the art studio so that he can be quite comfortable.  Dougal on the other hand wants to be ON the table where he can see everything!

I had my Silhouette Cameo cutting a couple of pieces and Dougal was very intrigued.  He had to be reminded several times to keep his paws away from the inside of the machine in case he got cut!

silhouette_1

And now for the title page!

I haven’t made my covers for this album yet… but I knew exactly how I wanted my first page to look!

I used lots of white… lots of embossing… and lots of die cutting… and then I went through the little collection of things that have been accumulating on my table for the past few days and this is what I came up with.

IMG_5130_1

I’m pretty much using white as my main colour with hints of black and red… one of my favourite colour combos! 

The holy leaves, Santa, jolly holiday and countdown tag all came from the Heidi Swapp ephemera pack I found.  The swirly stag and hello December were both cut on the Cameo and the Christmas wishes and small deer were die cut with Tim Holtz dies.

I also found a couple of packs of cork stars which I decided to use… love how it’s all coming together!

So there you have it… another day AND a title page!

We’re going to be putting up our Christmas tree today… yippee!!!

Wishing you a wonderful Sunday xx

1 comment:

  1. I really like your title page. Deer are, or at least seem to be the theme this Christmas. Shel how do you do the embossing? I want that look. I know what you mean about the fur children being fascinated with the Cameo while it cuts, my two fur girls have to be out of the room when I cut. Mike is a generous soul to share his lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx