Monday 11 January 2016

Creativity is alive and well!

Hi there :)

My friend Esther has come to stay for a few days and we're having some creative time in the art studio.  We'd both seen Tim Holtz blog post about the Technique Remix tags for 2016 and decided that we'd like to give them a go.  Here's Tim's remix tag for January:


I'll show you the back of the tag I made first since it shows the two techniques Tim put together for this tag - Industrious Metal and Chalkboard:


I've done the Industrious Metal technique before and loved it but I've never actually tried the chalkboard technique.  Here's how my tag came out:


I'm still not 100% sold on the chalkboard effect... I tried several different stamps but this was the one I liked the most.  I've actually got some blueprint stamps on order so when they arrive I'll give this technique another go.

Meanwhile I decided that I'd make a tag book for 2016 showing all the various tags, so I made a mini tag for January:

On the back of the tag I did a little journaling about the techniques:

Esther decided that she didn't like the chalkboard technique so she used white embossing powder for her stamped image and then added chalk over the top:

It's actually very eye catching and effective!  I might just have to give that a go myself.

By the time we'd finished our tags we wanted to use a bit of colour so we moved onto another project... I can't show you the finished tags yet but you can have a look at the backgrounds I made on these MINI tags!

I used lots of distress paint, distress ink and stamping... and my fingers got very inky!!

I'm looking forward to seeing what other techniques Tim is going to combine during 2016 :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, I things both the tag you did and your friend's one look absolutely amazing!!! Absolutely love your chalkboard version, it looks brilliant with that stamp, but I do love the white embossed one too, and yes, it is super effective. Your mini tags look super too, now I can't wait to see what you will do with them!
    I also wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog today, so glad you did as it made me do a return visit and I am now your latest follower, so I'm sure I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx