Monday 25 April 2016

Card Challenge... and MORE gnomes!

Oh my!  I just can't get enough of these adorable gnomes from My Favorite Things You Gnome Me. 

I wanted to try something different today so I went in search of a card challenge and I found just what I was looking for at The Card Concept blog.

Here's what it said on their blog: This week we have a colourful inspiration story! Of course, you do not have to use these exact colours but they are there if you want! We want you to inspired by any part of the photo!

Here's the image for Concept 53:

I have to admit it was the colours that got me!  Straight away I could see my little gnome friends dressed in the aqua and pinks and of course if you add in a bit of grass you cover the green as well.

The other thing you have to choose when entering the Card Concept challenges is to decide what style you card will be... and they have 6 design styles to choose from.  Best of all, they EXPLAIN their design styles really well!  I chose the Clean and Layered style for my card:
 2. Clean and Layered
Definition:
  • clean lines
  • lots of layers
  • designer papers/embossing
  • embellishments/accents
  • clean and fresh looking
  • some coloured images at times
  • white space
 I also decided to try colouring my gnomes using my Peerless watercolours that I bought recently.  Apart from actually creating my palette I haven't used them... and they are FABULOUS!  The colours are rich and vibrant but I was also able to create subtle skin tones as well.


I got so into creating my cards today that I didn't actually take any 'in progress' photos!... but I made two cards using stamps and dies from:
  • My Favorite Things - You Gnome Me (gnome)
  • Lawn Fawn - Sunny Skies (sun)
  • Lawn Fawn - Summertime Charm (bee, heart and sentiment)
  • My Favorite Things - Grassy Fields (grass) 
Here are my cards:




Thanks so much for visiting my blog xx

5 comments:

  1. Your gnomes are super cute & your watercolouring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, love the scenes you have created and gorgeous colouring. So pleased our colours inspired you to create, thanks for joining TCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW and when you do a catch up you really go full on. I like your cards & the gnomes are just too cute. Watercolouring looks amazing - wonderful colours. Now to finish my catchup & reading all your news :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary-Lou! The mojo is really flowing at the moment so I'm making the most of it :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, these are just darling! Such lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx