Sunday 12 June 2016

The roaming gnome gets some clothes!

Hello, after sitting on the table for a week, it was time for my wee gnome friend (from My Favorite Things You Gnome Me) to get some clothes. 

All of the colouring was done with Peerless watercolours... I love how vibrant the colours are and how nicely they blend on watercolour paper.  I started off using Scarlet Lake for his hats and buttons.  His boots were coloured with Pearl Gray.

Next I used Deep Blue for his pants and braces.

His shirt was a blend of Dark Green and Grass Green and I love how vibrant it turned out!

Once all the gnomes were coloured I felt that they needed a bit more of a base to stand on so I watercoloured the bottom edge with Evergreen Bough and Weathered Wood Distress inks.

That turned out a little brighter than I wanted so I added some Pumice Stone Distress ink over the top to give the base a bit more depth.

By now I had five card fronts that I was pretty happy with but I knew they needed a bit of 'finishing off'.

Of course they needed a sentiment and luckily for me the courier delivered a wonderful parcel of Unity stamps during the week and there was a little sentiment stamp in the packet that was perfect for this little guy.

I also decided to use a little bit of washi tape along the top of the cards and I love how it turned out.  While I was adding the washi, I backed my card fronts with some black cardstock.

The final step was to add a little rhinestone to the center of each flower on the sentiment.  I went with red, blue and green rhinestones since that was the colours of the gnome clothes and here are my finished cards (remember to click on the photos to see a close up view):

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today xx
    

4 comments:

  1. These turned out great! Love the washi tape. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous set of cards Shell - love the way you have coloured your gnome :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them Shell! Awesome that that are all the same, but different. Well done Girlfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing you Shell & your wonderful creations. Could your absence be that you are preparing for December Daily?! Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx