Tuesday 29 November 2016

30 Days of Thankful... and a few extras!

Hello again... I've got a few more days ready to share but first up, a little update on Miss Krystal.  She is doing fantastically well!  I took her out for coffee and cake after school today and she was looking really good and moving around quite well.  She even wanted to pop into Farmers to see her workmates as she's missing their company.  Everyone was pleased to see her and she's looking forward to getting back to work just before Christmas.

Thanks for all the good wishes for her... it's been a major life event really but she's definitely going to be fine!

Now for the 30 Days of Thankful project.  Right at this moment I'm grateful that Michael is cooking dinner because it means that I can sit at the table and blog LOL

Nov 21: Toby's 'day room' getting waterproofed

Nov 22: Having awesome colleagues

Nov 23: Being able to go out for cake with my girl

Nov 24: Celebrating with Michael

Nov 25: The arrival of some more crafty goodness

Nov 26: Having friends to create with

I mentioned in the blog post title that there were a few extras and here they are... Michael and I signed up to receive a 'Black Box' about 18 months ago and last week it arrived.  One of the items in the box was some sparkling apple juice so we decided to open it when I found out about my job... pretty pleased with my photo too actually:

And finally.... some cards to share!  As I mentioned, on Saturday Nina came over and we did some crafting together and I made a couple of cards.  I got both my ideas from Pinterest so I can't take credit for the design of the cards but I'm totally loving how they turned out.  

The first card featuring some gorgeous polar bears was coloured using my brand new Zig Clean Color Markers and I totally LOVE them!  I finally feel like I've got exactly what I was looking for in a marker... the vibrancy of a Copic with the ease of use of a watercolor pen.  You'll be seeing me use them LOTS more in the future.

Here's my inspiration for my first card created by Debbie Olson:

And here's what I created:

I used:
  • Stamps - MFT BB Polar Bear Pals
  • Dies -  Die-namics BB Polar Bear Pals & Die-namics Horizontal Snow Drifts Cover-Up
  • Markers -  Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers

For my second card I used a new stamp set from Simon Says Stamp... and it's definitely my new Christmas favourite!

Here's my inspiration for my second card created by Wanda Guess

Here's my version of the card:


I used:
  • Stamps - Simon Says Cling Stamp GINGHAM BACKGROUND SSS101596 Reason To Smile & Simon Says Clear Stamps MAGICAL CHRISTMAS SSS101669 Believe In The Season
  • Dies -  Simon Says Stamp MAGICAL CHRISTMAS Wafer Die SSSD111644 Believe In The Season
So there you have it... a few more pages in my 30 Days of Thankful album and a couple of cards.  Thanks so much for stopping by my blog again xx

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post Shell - and congratulations on getting the post you applied for. It was good to hear that Krystal is healing well - and what fun to get together to craft, bliss, and some awesome results too!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shell congratulations on getting the teaching position - you will rock it. Glad Krystal is healing well. Your cards are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi :) I really love hearing from you so please leave me a comment... I really appreciate it!
Thanks, Shell xx